Already know about the elements of SEO? If you want to become a real SEO expert, check out Yoast SEO Premium + Academy. Find out all about Keyword research, SEO copywriting, Technical SEO and more!
What topics are covered in this free SEO for Beginners training?
- Introduction to SEO This chapter lays the foundation for everything you’ll ever do in SEO. You’ll find out how search engines work, how they see your website and how the Yoast SEO plugin can help you rank higher.
- The content side of SEO
- What people type into Google to find your website (Keywords) We cover the basics of keywords. You’ll find out what they are, why you should use them, and how the Yoast SEO plugin helps you optimize your texts for your keywords.
- What kind of texts rank high in Google (SEO copywriting) To be liked by Google, your texts need to be original, readable and findable. We’ll look into these concepts and give you actionable tips.
- How Google finds its way on your website (Site structure) We’ll show you examples of great site structure and how the plugin helps you build an intuitive structure for your own site.
- The technical side of SEO
- How you might be blocking Google from your website (Crawlability) Without even knowing it, you might be blocking Google from entering or indexing your site. We’ll show you how to check that, and then roll out the red carpet for search engines.
- One way to stand out in the search results (Rich results) Sometimes, Google shows more than just a regular search result. When you get to see ratings, images, location, videos … they’re called ‘rich results’. We’ll give a brief introduction into what they are and how to get them for your site.
This free SEO training is for you if …
- You want to rank higher in Google, Bing or Yahoo
- You want to join the conversation on SEO with your colleagues or boss(es)
- You want to take an SEO crash course on the first principles of search engine optimization
- You own or maintain a website – doesn’t have to be on WordPress
- You use the Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin, or you don’t (but we recommend you do get the Premium or free plugin)
Check out our other free courses too!
Currently, we offer the following free Yoast SEO academy courses.
- SEO for beginners training
Learn the basics of SEO and get quick wins to make your site rank higher.
- Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin training
Learn about how to set up and use the Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin so it makes SEO even easier.
- WordPress for beginners training
Learn the ins and outs of creating and maintaining a WordPress website.
- Block editor training
Learn how to create block-tastic content with the WordPress block editor.
- Structured data for beginners training
Learn how to get attention-grabbing rich results that stand out in the search results!
Want to become an SEO expert?
Our free SEO courses are just the tip of the iceberg. Yoast SEO Premium helps you optimize all aspects of SEO. Want to know what articles your readers are dying to read? Use our keyword research training to come up with your very own content strategy. Want to learn how to write awesome copy that ranks? Our SEO copywriting training can help you write texts that will be a breeze to read for readers and search engines alike!