WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
This plugin provides 16 blocks.
- Filter Products by Attribute
- Products by Tag
- Best Selling Products
- Active Product Filters
- Featured Product
- Newest Products
- All Reviews
- Reviews by Category
- Reviews by Product
- Products by Category
- Product Search
- Filter Products by Price
- Featured Category
- Hand-picked Products
- Product Categories List
- On Sale Products
- PHP 7.2 or greater is recommended
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Visit the WooCommerce server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handles the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “WooCommerce,” then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found us, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by! Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the WooCommerce plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update, flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting “Save.” That should return things to normal.
WooCommerce comes with some sample data you can use to see how products look; import sample_products.xml via the WordPress importer. You can also use the core CSV importer or our CSV Import Suite extension to import sample_products.csv
Where can I find WooCommerce documentation and user guides?
For help setting up and configuring WooCommerce, please refer to Getting Started and the New WooCommerce Store Owner Guide.
For extending or theming WooCommerce, see our codex, as well as the Plugin Developer Handbook.
Where can I get help or talk to other users about WooCommerce Core?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
Where can I get help for extensions I have purchased on WooCommerce.com?
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
I’m having trouble logging in to WooCommerce.com – what now?
First, troubleshoot common login issues using this helpful step-by-step guide. Still not working? Get in touch with us.
Will WooCommerce work with my theme?
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
How do I update WooCommerce?
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
My site broke – what do I do?
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Where can I report bugs?
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Where can I request new features, themes, and extensions?
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official ideas board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
WooCommerce is awesome! Can I contribute?
Yes, you can! Join in on our GitHub repository and follow the development blog to stay up-to-date with everything happening in the project.
Where can I find REST API documentation?
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
My question is not listed here. Where can I find more answers?
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
“WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Dev – Add support for “cities” and “postcodes” fields to the REST API endpoints to create/update tax rates. #29495
- Dev – The taxes GET endpoint now supports sorting by priority. #29495
- Enhancement – Add a new woocommerce_cart_product_not_enough_stock_already_in_cart_message filter to allow developers to filter an add-to-cart error when there isn’t enough in stock taking into account what’s already in the cart. #29304
- Enhancement – Pass $handler, and prevent logging from woocommerce_logger_log_message filter when the message is null. #29572
- Fix – Added parameter $item (instance of WC_Order_Item) to both the function wc_downloadable_file_permission and the filter hook woocommerce_downloadable_file_permission. #23188
- Fix – Add array-typed “cities” and “postcodes” to the response of the “tax” endpoint in the REST API to overcome the limitation of “city” and “postcode” returning always one single value. #27751
- Fix – Update tax rate for existing taxes when recalculating order totals. #27985
- Fix – Replace page setup dropdowns with AJAX powered search selects. #29181
- Fix – Return 0 if order isn’t available in WC_Payment_Gateway::get_order_total(). #29314
- Fix – Fix console error on IE11 when opening admin pages. #29322
- Fix – Prevent crash when log file can’t be opened for writing. #29396
- Fix – Closes the section “Store management insights” in email settings. #29447
- Fix – Fixed return type of WC_Shortcode_Products::get_type(). #29452
- Fix – Fix syntax error in the admin (products/orders) list table. #29469
- Fix – Cart duplicate debug shipping notices in certain situations. #29480
- Fix – Trying to update the cities or postcodes (only) or a tax rate via REST API returned an error. #29495
- Fix – Unneeded browser popup message of unsaved changes when adding a shipping zone with a shipping method. #29510
- Fix – Update the persistent cart after it’s loaded on customer login. Fixes an issue whereby unavailable products would be validated on every login. #29517
- Fix – Updated $customer->get_shipping() and $customer->get_billing() to return the full address after updating individual fields. #29538
- Fix – Prevent cart to reset all nonce in front-end. #29542
- Fix – Bump the version of the “Grouped product add to cart” template to 4.8.0 (was still at 4.0.0 by mistake). #29601
- Fix – If we have a non-empty shipping address then do not overwrite the state or country fields with billing address data. #29605
- Tweak – Add the support to optgroups in single select on Settings API. #29145
- Tweak – Improves performance by avoiding an unnecessary redirect if custom permalink structure does not contain trailing slashes. #29422
- Tweak – Update SSR db version tooltip to more accurately state the db version. #29438
- Tweak – Adjust Twenty Twenty One order items header alignment. #29485
- Tweak – Lost password form alignment issues. #29496
- Tweak – Improve accessibility by adding aria-hidden=”true” on strikethrough prices. #29603
- Tweak – Default store location to US California. #29654
- Tweak – Default store currency to USD. #29752
** WooCommerce Blocks – 4.8.0 & 4.9.0 & 4.9.1 **
- Dev – Removed legacy handling for SSR blocks that rendered shortcodes. #4010
- Fix – Customer address country saving to orders in certain circumstances. #4013
- Fix – Prevent error messages returned by the API from displaying raw HTML. #4005
- Fix – Proceed to checkout button click bug happening when the Coupon error is visible in the Cart block. #3996
- Fix – Use font color in payment methods border. #4051
- Fix – Load translation file for JS files that has translatable strings. #4050
- Fix – Stop shipping package titles line-breaks occurring in the middle of a word. #4049
- Fix – Fixed styling issues on the cart and checkout page in Twenty(X) themes. #4046
- Fix – Fix headline alignment in the empty state of the cart block. #4044
- Fix – Fix button alignment in Featured Product and Featured Category blocks. #4028
- Fix – Check if Cart and Checkout are registered before removing payment methods. #4056
- Enhancement – Registered payment methods now have access to the shouldSavePayment prop in their components (which indicates whether the shopper has checked the save payment method checkbox. #3990
- Enhancement – Payment methods implementing the savedTokenComponent configuration property will now have the onPaymentProcessing event available to the registered component. #3982
** WooCommerce Admin – 2.2.0 & 2.2.1 & 2.2.2 & 2.2.3 & 2.2.4 & 2.2.5 & 2.2.6 **
* Add – Next new novel navigation nudge note #6610
* Add – Add legacy report items to new navigation #6507
* Add – Add preview site button on the appearance task #6457
* Add – Back button to go to home screen from tasks in the task list. #6397
* Add – Add a “rather not say” option to revenue in the profile wizard. #6475
* Add – Remove Mollie promo note on install #6510
* Add – Remote Inbox Notifications rule to trigger when WooCommerce Admin is upgraded. #6040
* Add – CES survey for search product, order, customer #6420
* Add – CES survey for importing products #6419
* Add – CES survey for adding product categories, tags, and attributes #6418
* Add – Additional analytics tracking for the business details step. #6575
* Add – Include tracking for mail poet installs in the selective bundle install #6603
* Add – Paystack payment provider to several african countries. #6579
* Dev – Close activity panel tabs by default and track #6566
* Dev – Update undefined task name properties for help panel tracks #6565
* Dev – Refactor profile wizard benefits step and add tests #6583
* Dev – Add filter to profile wizard steps #6564
* Dev – Add nav intro modal tests #6518
* Dev – Use wc filter to get status tabs for tools category #6525
* Dev – Add nav header component tests #6509
* Dev – Add initial tests for navigation Menu class #6492
* Dev – Remove active item from navigation store #6486
* Dev – Add navigation container tests #6464
* Dev – Add nav favorite button tests #6446
* Dev – Add a changelog lint check to PRs. #6414
* Dev – Add navigation favorites tests #6409
* Dev – support use of Array.flat in client and packages. #6411
* Dev – Deprecate Onboarding::has_woocommerce_support. #6401
* Dev – Add Dependency Extraction Webpack Plugin #5762
* Dev – Add client-side filter for Navigation rootBackUrl #6505
* Dev – Remove items_purchased and account_type props from onboarding profile API. #6520
* Dev – Added warning when WC-Admin is active but not being used #6453
* Dev – Store profiler – Added MailPoet to Business Details step #6503
* Dev – Store profiler – Added MailPoet to new Business Details step #6515
* Dev – Add tilde (~) to represent client root directory for imports. #6517
* Dev – Add script automation for gathering hooks and filters. #6454
* Dev – Add TypeScript and page objects to the E2E test suite. #6582
* Dev – Introduce Typescript to Navigation utils #6477
* Dev – Payments task: include Mercado Pago #6572
* Dev – Ensure script asset.php files are included in builds #6635
* Dev – Ensure production script asset names don’t include .min suffix #6681
* Dev – Do a git clean before the core release. #6945
* Dev – Fix a bug where trying to load an asset registry causes a crash. #6951
* Fix – Add check for navigating being enabled. #6462
* Fix – Move the shipping input and text 1px lower. #6408
* Fix – Correct the Klarna slug #6440
* Fix – Broken link anchors to online documentation. #6455
* Fix – Update payment card style on mobile #6413
* Fix – Missing i18n in Welcome modal. #6456
* Fix – Restore visual styles back to Analytics tabs. #5913
* Fix – Update contrast and hover / active colors for analytics dropdown buttons #6504
* Fix – Associated Order Number for refunds was hidden #6428
* Fix – Fix issue where Loader::is_admin_page() would error if WooCommerce admin is disabled. #6563
* Fix – Correct a bug where the JP connection flow would not happen when installing JP in the OBW. #6521
* Fix – Show management links when the task list is complete (even if its not hidden). #6657
* Fix – Adding New Zealand and Ireland to selective bundle option, previously missed. #6649
* Fix – Update the Mercado option used for enabling/disabling. #6677
* Fix – Improve AddFirstProduct email note contents. #6617
* Fix – Check if features are currently being enabled #6688
* Fix – Fix the activity panel toggle not closing on click #6679
* Fix – Fix use of feature checks and remove deprecated method calls #6687
* Fix – Allow the manager role to query certain options #6577
* Fix – Delete customer data on network user deletion #6574
* Fix – Fix Themes step visibility in IE 11 #6578
* Fix – Fix hidden menu title on smaller screens #6562
* Fix – Add gross sales column to CSV export #6567
* Fix – Disable the continue btn on OBW when requested are being made #6838
* Fix – Calling of get_script_asset_filename with extra parameter #6955
* Fix – Address an issue with OBW when installing only WooCommerce payments and Jetpack. #6957
* Tweak – Add default value for contains op #6622
* Tweak – Adjust targeting store age for the Add First Product note #6554
* Tweak – Improve WC Shipping & Tax logic #6547
* Tweak – Update Insight inbox note content #6555
* Tweak – Remove mobile activity panel toggle #6539
* Tweak – Refactor autoloader to remove global variable. #6412
* Tweak – Revert WCPay international support for bundled package #6901
* Tweak – Store profiler – Changed MailPoet’s title and description #6886
* Tweak – Update PayU logo #6829
See changelog for all versions.